Monday, October 11, 2010

Week Three

Throughout the week I spent about an hour communicating with Bill via email and walking back and forth between my dorm and the office.
On Friday, I spent a half hour talking to Bill and then spent two hours taking pictures of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity brothers who were helping out Plant Ops. The boys had volunteered their time to help clear up the Mailroom and to weed the hill that overlooks the tennis courts. The guys were a lot of fun to photograph; they obviously very much enjoyed each other's company and helping out the crew who were very appreciative of their presence also. I was still very new to using the camera, so the majority of my photos were very blurry or poorly lit, but some of them were succesful. I did my best to not be in the way, and I think I succeeded in that task. I also spent another half hour going back and forth between Public Relations and my dorm to return the camera and receive the hard-drive.
On Saturday, I spent an hour trying to go over the Sociology/Anthropology interviews but the footage was wonky and didn't save properly, aka I think I messed something up whilst capturing it. I spent another hour trying to get the sound to work, but I think that the microphone had clicked off during the interviews, and I didn't catch it in time because I didn't use the headphones. I'm a little embarrassed about this, but trying just to chalk it up to experience.

Total hours this week: 6
Total hours thus far: 22.5

No comments:

Post a Comment