Monday, September 27, 2010

Week One: 19/09/10- 26/09/10

Hi Blog/Bill!
This past week I spent about 1 1/2 hours communicating with Bill and the registrar both via email and running between buildings getting signatures, trying to sort out my schedule and getting the department's hard-drive so that I would have somewhere to store the footage I would be working on.
On Friday morning, I spent a half hour with Bill filming in the New Science Building. We met with Dr. Bruce Whightman to film an interview about the upcoming Centre for Ethics programme. I specifically worked the camera whilst Bill conducted the interview.
Over the weekend, I spent a total of 3 hours trying to upload the footage from Friday onto one of the Walson computers, but I had some trouble with the tape-player machines because either a) they were being finicky, or b) I only sort of knew what I was doing. I was having a spot of bother with the HD to standard formatting, so it took me longer than anticipated to make sure the footage transferred OK, but it went well in the end.
I also spent a half hour going between Beth's office in the CA and Media Services, firstly, to borrow a Mac so that I can edit the footage from home, and secondly to see if I was doing it right with the tape-player, so I should be set to actually edit the footage tonight.

Total hours this week: 5.5

No comments:

Post a Comment