Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Week Five





On Tuesday, I spent about and hour and a half trying to sort out the Anthropology and Sociology interviews; I spent a chunk of that time with Tony Dalton in Walson where he explained that it wasn't my settings on the "Capture" window that were messing it up, but that there was a problem with the mic at the time of the shoot. My "worst fears" confirmed on that one.
Also on Tuesday, I spent about another half hour with Bill catching up for our mid-semester review. I'm really behind on hours, so we spent time thinking of ways to better spend and log my time and now I have a weekly schedule which will definitely help that along. It's been hard to stay on top of hours on top of my other classes, especially Video Production, and my job as an RA, but I do want to make up the difference from starting the internship three weeks into the semester. We also spoke about an idea I have that I will spend some of the week working on alongside my Photoshop skills. I want to capture a variety of interview footage with people (faculty, staff and students) from different areas of the campus to add to the website, especially on those pages that seem a bit dry or overly-promotional.
Throughout the week, I spent an hour communicating with Bill both via email, blogging and heading over to his office.
On Friday, I spent 5 hours playing around with Photoshop. I watched most of the tutorials Bill sent me (a lot of them several times whilst trying to play with some images) and I re-went through the pictures I took of the Sigma Phi Epsilon brothers to pick those that were not too blurry. Tony Dalton was around and, as always, showed me some cool things on Photoshop.
I've added a few of the pictures I 've worked on to this post.
I just spent another 20 or so minutes messing around with the file sizes and eventually figured out that I just needed to save them as 'jpg's and not 'psd's, so they should upload to the blog properly.
Hours this week: 9

Total hours thus far: 34.5


No comments:

Post a Comment